EverTrack Guard – Advanced Crash Protection
What is EverTrack Guard?
EverTrack Guard prevents EverTrack Fleet GPS Tracker app from being killed by system or user and protects the app against accidentally stops. The Guard app ensure continuous tracking on any mobile in 24/7.
Why my users need EverTrack Guard?
In most cases not necessary (but highly recommended!) to protect EverTrack app because it’s stable and well designed, so it’s running perfectly on most mobile phones, but…
- Sadly each mobile manufacturer has unique ideas how they can protect their phones against draining the battery. These solutions sometimes mean that the phone automatically kills some of the apps with high memory or battery usage and sadly the apps can’t protect themselves against these kills.
- There are many “memory cleaner” app on the market which can also kill an app to optimize power consumption and memory.
- No any app and mobile phone on the market which can offer 100% uptime without any errors, so sometimes apps can crash.
EverTrack app is protected against crashes in 3 different ways:
- It has a built-in method to restart itself if somehow crashed
- If the app can’t restart itself, our Cloud Guard solution try to restart the app remotely
- EverTrack Guard app is the third and most powerful way of protection
With this 3 line of protection, we can offer you nearly 100% uptime so you don’t need to worry about missing routes.
How does it work?
Once EverTrack and EverTrack Guard are installed the apps are continuously checking each other. If any of the apps detect that the other is stopped because of an unknown manner it will restart the app immediately.
Is it possible to stop tracking?
Absolutely yes! The Guard app is not for spying or other illegal activity! The users can stop live tracking in EverTrack app anytime they want with pressing the On/Off button or with signing out. If the tracking was stopped EverTrack never send any location report to CorvusGPS.
Can my users delete EverTrack Guard?
Absolutely yes! EverTrack Guard is protected against user kills and not possible to remove from settings, but if your users open the app you find a “Remove Guard app” button. With pressing this button you can easily remove the app anytime you want. If you sign in to your account from PC as an administrator (owner of the account) you will see the removal of Guard app.
How to Install Manually?
After your users installed EverTrack app, it will ask them to install Guard app too. If they don’t install it a notification will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
How to Install Remotely?
We designed our system to offer the possibility of “remote installation” which means you can send a “Request” to each of your users from our system to request the installation of EverTrack Guard app. You can also check the state of installation on the “Users” list.
Latest posts by Zoltan Sardi (see all)
- Smart Activity Recognition – Accurate Android GPS Tracker with Long Battery Life - February 14, 2018
- New Feature – Scheduled GPS Tracking in Work Hours - February 14, 2018
- What’s coming in 2018? - December 9, 2017